The Outcomes Conference: CLA Dallas 2015
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth. ~ Ephesians 1:7-10
The Best Shots
What People Are Saying
@AndreaRHowey Quiet time before @CLALeader conf…Looking forward to hearing the heart of God for my life+work+ministry… #Outcomes15
@GregoryThornbury Happy to be speaking at the @CLALeader conference in Dallas. So many CEOs of Christian nonprofits doing amazing work for the Kingdom here.
@CLALeader “You don’t have a life that’s your own. You have a life that’s on loan.” -Jonathan Evans challenging #Outcomes15 to use our talents for Him.
@geohil #Millennials are more interested in a classic, deeper expression of #Christianity.” @davidkinnaman @CLALeader Outcomes Conference
@geohil “We must embrace vocational discipleship to engage Millennials as entrepreneurs, creatives, and science-minded.” @davidkinnaman @CLALeader
@mary_gunther Leaders see differently than followers. They see before, beyond and bigger than followers. @TimElmore #Outcomes15 @CLALeader @TheICCseal
@ChristieLLove It makes my heart happy for @TamiHeim and her @CLALeader team to see #Outcomes15 a Trending Topic on Twitter this AM! Praying for you all!
@Hansensays The front line of the battle for the Christian leader is the fight against pride – Israel Gaither #Outcomes15
@ToddAdkins God is not interested in what you have, He’s interested in what you have with what you have. – Jonathan Evans #Outcomes15
@TamiHeim If not you, then who? Take back your assignment.- Israel Gaither #Outcomes15
@PSean “Don’t let the fear of failure lock you into comfort”–Israel Gaither #Outcomes15
The 2015 Outcomes conference kicked off yesterday in Dallas. We are thankful to be back to the Hyatt Regency this year, and we enjoyed connecting with old and new friends as we join together to grow, lead and serve better. This year’s conference theme is “Time,” and we are seeking the Lord to better understand the time we live in, how to best use our time and what He’s called us to “for such a time as this.”
The day was filled with intensive training institutes (ITIs), day-long, in-depth workshops, that cover practical topics and tips within the areas of leadership, technology, finances, human resources, legal and marketing. David Kinnaman, president of the Barna Group, kicked off the morning, and in the evening, we gathered for worship, an amazing talk from Israel Gaither, and a dessert social in the Exhibit Hall. Some highlights included:
- Jonathan Evans, chaplain for the Dallas Cowboys, started the day with morning devotions, talking through the parable of the talents. He challenged us to view our lives as on loan from God, a gift that we will give back to Him through our service. Jonathan will lead devotions each morning at 7 a.m., so be sure to head to the Landmark Ballroom to start your day in the Word.
- David Kinnaman kicked off the conference with our ITI general session. He helped shed light on the times we live in, sharing research findings about the Millennial generation and how to engage them for the cause of Christ. While this generation thinks differently in many ways, David shared that he is hopeful to see how socially aware, technologically connected and missions-minded young people are. It is time to foster a renaissance in missions as we connect with young believers.
- Israel Gaither, former National Commander of the Salvation Army, gave a powerful grand opening session about “right on time leadership”. Speaking from the book of Esther, he encouraged leaders to be alert, engaged and humble, called to lead like Christ “for such a time as this.”
- In addition to our amazing speakers, we are so excited to welcome back Graham Hepburn, emcee/pianist/British accent extraordinaire, and Anthony Evans leading worship. They will be with us all week, leading and facilitating our sessions.
- We opened the Exhibit Hall with a dessert social and celebration. In addition the chance to discover great resources and ministry partners, we have some very exciting things happening in the Exhibit Hall this year! Free coffee, bookstore, grab and go lunch, video interviews and much more. It’s the spot to be in between sessions and workshops, so be sure to swing by each day for networking and much more.